Git Commit Show is the leading online tech conference where senior engineers, researchers, scientists and professors meet while being at home.
Git Commit Show started in 2019 to provide a better alternative to physical conferences by being open, free and inclusive of people who come from remote locations and modest backgrounds.
Your primary responsibility will be to own R&D of one of our open source softwares.
You're expected to
- Code, test and maintain the client & server app
- Plan and execute the road-map for the apps
- Monitor & fix usability, performance & security challenges for the apps
- Take initiatives(even non-technical) and contribute to any activity that's important can help organization and the users
- A mindset to get things done in a fast pace remote work environment
- You must have experience of shipping at least a few apps to production
- Excellent knowledge of nodejs
- Decent understanding of css/html
- Basic understanding of linux and bash
- Fundamental knowledge of core computer science concepts e.g. data structure, networking
- Comfortable with git, bash, linux and basic software engineering toolchain
Good to have
- Mathematical & engineering understanding of cryptography & security
- Writing skills
- Open source contribution
- Prior experience of running or working in startup
- Experience of working remotely
We work 100% remotely and believe in radical transparency